Cayuse Proposal Management
The Office of Sponsored Projects utilizes web-based product, Cayuse. This system is commonly shared between OSP, EMF, and the research accounting offices, enabling us all to access the same information at any time. The system provides faculty and administrators proposal history, award management, budget questions, and file updates. You have access to the information you need, when you need it, and without the hassle of having to rely on your Proposal and Grant personnel.
There are two modules of importance within Cayuse: SP and 424.
- Cayuse SP is the proposal and award administration module that will be used to compile internal information for proposals, electronically route for approval (no more paper datasheets), monitor proposal status, and release/manage the resulting awards. You will use SP for viewing your granting history, answering questions from the accounting offices on your existing awards, and initiating proposals in coordination with your OSP representative. No more having to fill out and email the old Proposal Questionnaire to OSP, as all the same proposal set-up functions are in Cayuse SP.
- Cayuse 424 is the module through which most federal grant proposals can be created, reviewed for adherence to sponsor requirements, and then electronically submitted by OSP. The 424 module is connected directly with Grants.gov, so applications travel quickly and smoothly to your specific Federal agency.
To access Cayuse, simply go to ucsc.cayuse424.com and enter your UCSC ID and Gold Password.
Resources to Assist with Cayuse:
- Instructions for Navigating Cayuse and Starting an Internal Proposal
- Detailed Budget Builder (macros must be enabled to open)
- Cost Share Budget Builder (macros must be enabled to open)
- Academic Salary Scales (to assist with budgeting)
- Instructions for the use of Subawards.com
- Activity Code Definitions