Non-Governmental Agencies

The State of California law requires principal investigator and co-principal investigator to disclose their (and their spouses/registered domestic partners and dependent children) financial interest in the sponsor of a research project; the donor of a research gift; and, under certain circumstances, the provider of materials under a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) when that sponsor, donor, or provider is a non-governmental source. 

Submitting Conflict of Interest for Research Disclosure Forms

The Office of Sponsored Projects, Office For Management of Intellectual Property, or Gift Administration Contact will prompt you to submit a disclosure, which must include original ink signature and date or be sent via DocuSign, when needed (e.g., you are receiving support from a grant, contract or gift for research). If there is a positive disclosure, they will prompt you to send an addendum to ORCA for COI review. A disclosure is required when a proposal is submitted, when additional funding is requested, and when a research gift is granted.

Note: On November 18, 2021, the State of California Fair Political Practices Commission (FPCC) regulations were modified to permit agencies like the University of California to accept Statement of Economic Interests for Principal Investigators, Form 700-U, with electronic signatures. The changes went into effect on November 22, 2021. Please see UCSC's DocuSign page for more information on electronic sigantures. 

Non-Governmental Agency Forms

For More Details